AMD FX 9590 4.7GHz Socket AM3+ 8MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor
- AMD Piledriver FX-8 FX 9590
- AMD Socket AM3+
- 4.7GHz Core Frequency
- 8MB L3 Cache
- Heatsink and fan not included
AMD FX 9590 4.7GHz Socket AM3+ 8MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor Product Description
- 8 Core Technology
- 4.70GHz Clock Speed
- 5.2 GT/s System Bus
- Socket AMD AM3+
- 8MB L2 Cache
- 8MB L3 Cache
- 64-Bit Technology
- 220W TDP
- 32nm technology
- Heatsink and Fan Not included
AMD FX Processors
Transform your PC into a multimedia powerhouse
Take your PC’s megatasking abilities to extreme levels with the first native 8-core desktop processor built with dynamic, tuneable performance to handle multiple intensive apps without breaking a sweat.
Overclock and keep cool with up to eight cores and 5 GHz of the most advanced technology you can buy.1The AMD FX-series processor unleashes up to 5 GHz of performance and contains up to eight powerful cores, so you can game, overclock and get the max out of your experience.
New Instruction Capabilities
- AVX - Advanced Vector Extensions increase parallelism for scientific and 3D apps using heavy floating point calculations
- FMA4 and XOP – Floating-Point Vector Multiply-Accumulate and eXtended Operations improves throughput and performance on many integer and floating point vector functions
- AES - Advanced Encryption Standard increases performance on encryption apps like TrueCrypt® and PCMark®
AMD FX 8-Core Processors
- The industry's first and only native 8-core desktop processor for unmatched multitasking and pure core performance with "Bulldozer" architecture.
- New 32 nanometer die shrink designed to reduce leakage for improved efficiency, increased clock rate headroom and better thermals.
AMD Turbo CORE Technology
- AMD FX Processors come equipped with AMD Turbo CORE Technology.2 AMD Turbo CORE Technology is a performance boosting technology that helps increase performance on the applications that need it the most.
AMD Balanced Smart Cache
- Shared L3 cache ( up to 8MB)
- Improved scheduling and pre-fetch capabilities
- 64-ways (16-ways/sub-cache)
- Increased data queue sizes
- Coherency for 8-cores
AMD Wide Floating Point Accelerator
- Shared FP Scheduler
- Dual 128-bit Floating point engines – capable of teaming together for 256-bit AVX instructions or operating separately with each core
- One 16-bit link at up to 5600MT/s
- Up to 8.0GB/s HyperTransport™ I/O bandwidth; Up to 16GB/s in HyperTransport Generation 3.0 mode
- Up to 37GB/s total delivered processor-to-system bandwidth (HyperTransport bus + memory bus)
Benefit: Quick access times to system I/O for better performance.
Integrated DRAM Controller with AMD Memory Optimizer Technology
- A high-bandwidth, low-latency integrated memory controller
- Supports up to DDR3-1866
- Supports new low voltage memories of 1.35V and 1.2V
- Up to 29.9GB/s memory bandwidth for DDR3
- New Pre-Fetcher improvements
- Direct communications to each core in Dual-Core module (APIC registers in each core)
Benefit: Optimized memory controller to feed more cores.
AMD Virtualization™ (AMD-V™) Technology with IOMMU
- Silicon feature-set enhancements designed to improve the performance, reliability and security of existing and future virtualization environments by allowing virtualized applications with direct and rapid access to their allocated memory.
- IOMMU is an extension to AMD64 architecture to support address translation and access protection on DMA transfers
- Security for User Level application and Virtual Machine guest operating system
- Address translation and access control
- Device isolation
- Device assignment in virtualized systems
- Security and trusted boot support
- Unified interrupt management
Benefit: Helps virtualization software to run more securely and efficiently enabling a better experience when dealing with virtual systems
AMD PowerNow!™ AMD Technology (Cool'n'Quiet™ Technology)
- Enhanced power management features which automatically and instantaneously adjusts performance states and features based on processor performance requirements
- C6 power state flushes the cache and removes voltage from individual cores to help reduce power consumption
- CC6 power state puts all cores in C6 into an even lower power state
- for quieter operation and reduced power requirements
- Separate memory controller power control
- IO-based c-state interface
- Works automatically without the need for drivers or BIOS enablement.
- Power can be switched on or off within a single clock cycle, saving energy with minimal impact to performance
Benefit: Helps users get more efficient performance by dynamically activating or turning off parts of the processor.
This is FXing Serious.
- The industry's only 8-core desktop processor
- Overclock with easy to use AMD Overdrive™ technology and AMD Catalyst™ Control Center™ software suites
- Supreme power available from virtually every core configuration - also available in 6- and
- Aggressive performance for mega-tasking and intensive applications like video editing and
- The industry's first and only native 8-core desktop processor for unmatched multitasking and pure core performance with "Bulldozer" architecture
- New 32 nanometer die shrink designed to reduce leakage for improved efficiency, increased clock rate headroom and improved thermals
- Can deliver cores and performance you need without raising the power requirements
An Industry Leader in Price for the Performance
- Unlocked processors allow the maximum in tunable performance
- AMD Turbo CORE Technology dynamically adjusts performance to give you the best experience, no matter what you are doing
- Get superior performance at a competitive price with unlocked technology