Samsung 2.5 inch 500GB 860 EVO Solid State Drive
The Samsung SSD 860 EVO is the newest of Samsung’s Client-PC SATA SSDs, specially designed for mainstream desktops and laptops. Building on the reputation of the Samsung SSD 850 EVO, the world’s first line of consumer SSDs with V-NAND 3bit MLC technology, the new Samsung SSD 860 EVO drives achieve industry-leading performance for SATA SSDs, offering improvements in speed, reliability, compatibility and capacity. The 860 EVO comes equipped with Samsung’s newly designed MJX controller along with the latest V-NAND architecture.
The 860 EVO offers guaranteed endurance and unmatched reliability, with up to 6 times higher Total Bytes Written (TBW) than the previous 850 EVO and an industry-leading 5 year limited warranty. Up to 2,400 TBW powered by the latest V-NAND technology will give you absolute confidence in your SSD.
Expanded Compatibility with a Refined Controller
The 860 EVO delivers expanded system compatibility. The refined ECC algorithm and revamped controller generate strong sustainable performance near SATA’s limits, and the improved queued trim provides for better Linux compatibility. Also the 860 EVO is available in 2.5-inch, mSATA, and M.2 form factors for a broad range of computing device.
Advanced Data Encryption
The 860 EVO provides multiple advanced data encryption features. Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) security technology will help keep data safe at all times. The 860 EVO includes an AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption engine to ensure that your personal files remain secure. Being hardware-based, the encryption engine secures your data without the performance degradation that you may experience with software-based encryption. Also, the 860 EVO is compliant with various advanced security management solutions (TCG Opal and Encrypted Drive-IEEE1667).
- Capacity 500GB
- Edition 860 EVO
- Form Factor 2.5"
- Height 6.8 mm
- Interface SATA III - 6Gb/s
- Host Controller Interface AHCI
- Controller Samsung MJX
- Flash Memory Type Samsung V-NAND 3bit MLC
- Max. Read 550 MB/s
- Max. Write 520 MB/s
- DRAM Cache Memory 512MB
- DRAM Cache Memory Type LPDDR4
- Max. Random Read 4K 98,000 IOPS
- Max. Random Write 4K 90,000 IOPS
- Special Features AES 256-bit Full Disk Encryption, Encrypted Drive(IEEE1667). Garbage Collection, S.M.A.R.T Support, TCG/Opal V2.0, TRIM support (O/S dependent)
- Power Consumption (active) 2.5
- Max. Endurance Rating 300TB TBW
- MTBF 1,500,000 Hours
- Max. Non-operating Shock 1500G, 0.5, 3 axis
- Connectivity 1 x SATA III - 6Gb/s
- Dimensions 69.85 x 6.8 x 100 mm (WxHxD)
- Package Type Retail